Thursday, October 29, 2009

Critique write-up for reference!

As some of you know, I have a terrible habit of over-complicating my ideas and images, and this semester was not an exception. I went from story telling, to narratives to old-Hollywood movie stills to this. My starting concept was Escapism, and it still is. My concept has not progressed or changed, despite all of the radical ideas I considered doing.

Through the narratives of film, I have found myself completely captivated in the unrealistic ideals that they present. The elements, or Mise-en-scene of these specific films are strong and nearly exaggerated. The artifice in the perfectionist production quality draws viewers to escape the reality of everyday and they are left reflecting on the narrative they were captivated by. Escapism through heavily planned narratives leads me to have false expectations in my everyday life. The false appeal; the fake perfection of films is desirable and the films that portray the most exaggerated perfection are ones written or made in the early stages of film – 1900-1960. In looking into artifice and the glamorized production quality of that era and style, I have created images that represent my life and the means of how I use Escapism.

No comments:

Post a Comment