Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Research Blog: Critique Today!


Well, my critique is today so there isn't a whole lot to say other than some thing about my recent shoots and the next steps that I personally think I should take.

I shot last weekend and I really think I'm moving in the right direction. But, again this is a working critique ad I know there is much room for improvement. I'm thinking about starting to shoot with my medium format from now on - another question I can ask today to my peers. I just think a good film quality is necessary for a quality production-like shot (which is what I'm attempting to work up to).

As I wrote about Stanley Kubrick in my last post, I was reminded of his endless perfectionism of each and every detail. I am sort of like that myself, in my obsessive complication of my projects, but there's a certain focus that I'm hoping to acquire as I continue with my fleeting ideas. Writing on Kubrick also made me think that I should pull back and get some wider, large scale shots. The photos I have right now are very close in and intimate, but that's not a big importance to me at all. I could afford to back up just a bit. Perhaps another question to bring up today.

This is where I think I need to head for the rest of the semester, but I'm eager to hear how my classmates feel when they look at my images. I am unbelievably nervous - but also excited.

Pictures later, after the critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment