Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Research Blog: Here goes nothing

After posting my meeting blog, I got a great comment from Nissa. I was worried about the new approach that Jeff wanted me to try, and I think she put things into perspective for me. Just as Tom said, Nissa reminded me I need to make this about ME. How I feel when I make my work is almost more important than how others feel. I need to think about what makes up my story, what I would like to choose to represent a day in my life - my story in one frame. Everyone wants to have a movie about their life, so I think that's what I'll do.

I'm having my ah-ha moment. My story in one frame. So that being said, all I can really do now is shoot a ton.

Here is a list of potential things I do/feel/want/have/am influenced by every day:

commute
photography
playtime
frolic
school
internship
job
always moving
drawing/making things
ballet
acting/performance
writing
reading
weather/outside
films
clean spaces
atmosphere
making food
weight conscious
fashion
my best friend Kate
my boyfriend Michael
family
perfectionism
travel
escapism
discover
explore
restart
excitement
music
Sinatra
mood
disappointment
tea

I think I'll pick a few of these and take a picture of the feeling or essence felt from those particular things. I'll see where it takes me. I'm going to do a few shoots this weekend - starting tomorrow. Updates coming..

No comments:

Post a Comment