Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Research Blog: Midterms/Escapism

Midterms are looming, and I'm down to one last-minute shoot left. As I look at what I have so far, I realize that my photographs are not as complicated and confusing as I first thought they would be. My concept has not progressed or changed, despite all of the radical ideas I considered doing. I was where I needed to be the whole time, even if my thoughts were too busy worrying about other options.

Escapism, in the most literal sense is how I started and now I realize it's where I still am. I still want to incorporate the Old Hollywood qualities to my images, as the films of that era are often the ones that I use to escape. I hope to achieve that with a production of perfect makeup, perfect hair; too-perfect elements of that unattainable old era image.

I don't critique until next Thursday so I have some time to be anxious. I'm looking forward to getting it over with and getting some good advice. I'm happy with where I am but curious to find out how other people view this concept and what I have to show. Feedback is almost always appreciated.

On that note (or not), I'll leave you with a Natalie Dee comic. NatalieDee.com. Love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment