Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Research Blog: Production

As I continue with my attempt at production quality images, I find myself really wanting to pull back from the main subject. This means I must clean my apartment.

It also means that my compositions need to be very nit-picky and pristine. I will not let one detail mess this up for me. I've studied Kubrick and Hitchcock too much these past few months to have something distract the viewer from my subject/concept.

In doing this, these wider pulled back images, I will need to be in full control of my lighting. I am lucky to have my apartment lighted well, but I'll still need some extra help from my flash and/or extra lights. I tend to get frustrated with lighting, and end up doing shots with a longer shutter - hopefully that won't be happening. But I will, of course, be using a tripod if I do need a longer shutter speed.

I'll also be focusing on the costuming. It came up during my crit that the frizzies in my hair were a little distracting if I wanted my appearance to fit my term "glamour". I don't say this critically, it's a comment I needed to hear. I loved curling my hair and getting all prettied up, so really this isn't a problem to perfect. I think I got my hair just right for Halloween, so I'll use those techniques.

That's about it for now. I have a few ideas for my upcoming images, which I'll explain more in the next Research blog. Ideas are brewing, and the imagery I see in my head may be hard to achieve but I'm up for the challenge. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment