Friday, November 13, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Photo Contest Blog: VMFA!

Today I submitted my application for the VMFA Fellowship Award. Here are all the things that went into it:




here's a picture of my form, transcript and postcard:


here's a screenshot of my resume:


and here's what my form essay said:

"Growing up in a household with my father, a self-employed artist, I learned at a young age that it is possible to have a job doing something you really love if you work hard at it. He has always supported my choices to study art and has made sure that I understand the importance and value of hard work – especially in the arts. As I finish my last year of art school, I will have had some great photography experience with all of my classes, my internship with Richmond Magazine and even a great trip to Brazil. I know that finding a job in the Spring may be a struggle, especially as the unemployment rate is at a peak. When I do find a full time job opportunity, I know I will be putting a lot of this money to the new life I begin after college. I have worked hard in the past four years to create a portfolio and a vision. If I were to receive the VMFA Fellowship award, I would use it for new equipment, or lenses that I’ll be expected to have as I start out in the real world of Photography jobs. Thank you for the consideration."

No comments:

Post a Comment