Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Artist Blog: Kent Eanes

Another motion picture still photographer, Kent Eanes is my artist today. While I am shooting these last few shoots, I am really trying to focus on Composition - and this photographer has some really nice ones.

I had a really hard time finding any relevant text about Kent Eanes, and his website says little to nothing about him. Overall, I'm afraid I'm uninformed about the way that he works and thinks - but I like his end product. And unfortunately that's all I can work off of.

In the past, Eanes worked at Style Magazine as the Head Photographer/Creative Director, I can only assume from there he received enough freelance jobs to quit. He shoots for TV, Film, Editorial and Commercial purposes. He has no biography on his website and his resume simply just lists the numerous sets for which he has shot...That being said, we should move onto his imagery.

Kent Eanes, Untitled Image #37 on website, size unknown
(still from John Adams)

The image of this family looks actually pretty natural, even with its too-even framing looming mostly in the foreground. They're all staggered enough in height and position that it creates a nice composition/frame around the girl lying down.


Kent Eanes, Untitled Image #29 on website, size unknown
(still from John Adams)

This is another good composition I liked. The close-up nature makes it almost seem like a bird's eye view, and there's a good use of background and foreground.

Kent Eanes, Untitled Image #28 from website, size unknown
(still from John Adams)

I really enjoy the visual cues Eanes uses in this last photo, with the two gentlemen being shown, but barely, from above. This shot doesn't look awkward in it's framing because of the right crop and composition, plus good timing.

I think browsing through this artist's work is going to help me set up for my next shoots - to make is look as interesting as possible but without being complicated or too close in. I'll try to find more information on this artist, or hopefully he'll revise his website.

http://www.kenteanes.com/index.php#

No comments:

Post a Comment