Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rebecca Arnold, Research Blog: Escape

es⋅cape

[i-skeyp] verb, -caped, -cap⋅ing,noun, adjective
as a noun:
12.an act or instance of escaping.
13.the fact of having escaped.
14.a means of escaping: We used the tunnel as an escape.
15.avoidance of reality: She reads mystery stories as an escape.

I think the last time I wrote, I said I was thinking about the different means of how I escape. After a lot of brainstorming, I came to the conclusion that yes, I can take the literal, realistic route but I can add my own elements of surprise to really get my point of "escape" across. It sounds confusing in type, but all I really want is that mutual feeling from my viewers. I want my work to be accessible in its concept and in its aesthetic.

I've been searching through google photo results for the past 45 minutes or so, after I typed in "Escape Photography". I found a few pretty interesting results, including a British conceptual artist I'm going to write about on Sunday. I've been looking for a good artist with a similar concept for a long time now.

This weekend I'll be shooting in order to have something great printed for Tuesday's meeting. Last weekend was more of a test shoot - it went well and I'm pretty sure which compositions will work the best.

I'm excited to get some one-on-one feedback from Tom. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction and I always appreciate advice on how to make my work more successful. I'll be posting the photos in my Meeting blog next Tuesday, and maybe again on my next Thursday blog. Until then, Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment